Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pineapple Express Review

This is your brain before watching the movie, "Pineapple Express":



This is your brain after watching the movie, "Pineapple Express":



"Any Questions?"

Okay, okay this isn't a drugfree commercial....but somehow after watching this movie, i felt like i had somehow lost brain cells without getting high?! Actually, i enjoyed losing my braincells while watching this movie....it was pretty funny and some parts had me crying they were so funny. But that said, it wasn't my favorite Judd Apatow movie (he is the director) and also directed Knocked Up, Superbad and Forgetting Sarah Marshall (hilarious by the way...).

Plot: Seth Rogan plays a kind-of low life (nothing different than the other movies he has been in) who is a 25 year old dating a high school senior (rude) and loves smoking pot. His drug dealer, played by James Franco, suprisingly pulls it off as being a sensitive, tripped out stoner....(totally Oscar worthy..). They get mixed up in some crime scene as witnesses and go on a little adventure to escape the big drug lords....Okay not the most "unique" plot but the dialogue between Rogan and Franco makes for a majority of the time, entertaining movie.

Review: Rent It ( I enjoyed it but would have rather saved my insanely high priced movie ticket for something better)

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Betsy, I didn't even know you had a movie blog or I would be here everyday! I will now be a regular checker. I love to hear what you think about movies.

You rock. We need to get the band together before the summer ends. BBQ at my place?

Anonymous said...

first half of Pineapple Express was about half as good as Knocked Up; the second half was almost as bad as Freddy God Fingered