Friday, August 29, 2008

Amazing-DNC The Sequel


I know, I know this is a movie blog but i'm getting sidetracked okay....there was no movies that would be watched tonight only my recording of the DNC Speech and let me tell you it's late and i can't sleep, who needs coffee when you can listen to this speech, i am so pumped up right now an d it's 1:30am? okay i'm a little crazy...

Aimee put it brilliantly on her blog and i had to mention it too....WOW....i don't care how cheesy and cliche this sounds because i was moved beyond words watching the closing of the convention and Barack Obama's speech tonight. I need to point out some excerpts that have stuck with me from his speech.
"Enough"
"America, we are better than these last eight years. We are a better country than this."
"We are more compassionate than a government that lets veterans sleep on our streets and families slide into poverty; that sits on its hands while a major American city drowns before our eyes."
"And when one of his chief advisors - the man who wrote his economic plan - was talking about the anxiety Americans are feeling, he said that we were just suffering from a "mental recession," and that we've become, and I quote, "a nation of whiners."


"That's the promise of America - the idea that we are responsible for ourselves, but that we also rise or fall as one nation; the fundamental belief that I am my brother's keeper; I am my sister's keeper. "

"But we must also admit that programs alone can't replace parents; that government can't turn off the television and make a child do her homework; that fathers must take more responsibility for providing the love and guidance their children need. "


"and made clear that we must take out Osama bin Laden and his lieutenants if we have them in our sights. John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell - but he won't even go to the cave where he lives. "


"it is that American spirit - that American promise - that pushes us forward even when the path is uncertain; that binds us together in spite of our differences; that makes us fix our eye not on what is seen, but what is unseen, that better place around the bend. "


" Let us keep that promise - that American promise - and in the words of Scripture hold firmly, without wavering, to the hope that we confess. "

This blog goes out to my boss, Elaine who was in Denver at the convention tonight, "REPRESENT!"






If you would like to read the whole speech, here is the link:




2 comments:

littlemeah said...

See ya later Grandpa McCain, and you can take that no good Palin away with you, we don't need her!

Aimee said...

I love it so much. Glad you have the same passion for it as I do!

Watching Weeds, huh? You'll have to give us a review when you finish the Seasons. I've been hearing good things and wanting to watch it but will watch for your verdict.