Monday, January 5, 2009

The Curious Case of Brad's Hotness..I mean Benjamin Button

The story of a baby born with wrinkles of a 90 year old and a disease where he physically gets younger while he mentally grows older. When he is 7 he looks like an 85 year old and when he is 60 he looks like a youthful 20 year old. While the film tries to tug at your heart strings it didn't grab all of mine. There were definately moments where you were touched but the movie is 3 hours long and it feels like 3 hours.

The graphics and cinemotgraphy are incredible, if you liked the style of English Patient and Atonement you will like the visuals of this movie. But it reminded me of a version of the movie Forrest Gump. Man with disability, meets amazing people, falls in love with childhood friend....etc,..but no one can beat Forrest Gump?!

The highlight of the movie for me was the hotness that is Brad Pitt. I really wanted to hate him but he is gorgeous in this movie and really it's distracting!!! I'm telling you, i found myself along with every other women in our aisle drooling over this man. Looks do kill! Damn!!

See i'm getting distracted from writing this blog. While it probably will win best picture at the Oscars, i don't think it should. I liked the movie but Slumdog Millionaire still has my vote.

The Real McDreamy:

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Saw it too over the break. Overall I liked it. Slow but a quality journey of their lives together. I thought they both acted excellent but I agree something was missing. That being said, I still think it is worth seeing.

I also wish they would've CGI'd with the young boy (not baby) Brad Pitt. They made him old why couldn't they make him 11? They got lazy at the end there.

Cate Blanchett isn't usually my favorite but I was taken with her in this movie.