Thursday, August 27, 2009

1987 + Amusement Park = Good Times

So Dunner and i just finished watching the movie "Adventureland" and i found it thoroughly enjoyable. I know the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA that i was sipping on didn't hurt either.

It's the same director as Superbad which i loved, it's not as funny and totally awkward but that's because these people are trying to come to terms that they work at an amusement park for a living, cut them some slack, they are almost carney status. What is the epitome of a carney? That is a whole other blog post and i am going to leave those comments for my friend littles to explain in her blog. The awkward charachters are why i love this movie or maybe it's because it's set in 1987and i was loving the soundtrack. Or was it the club they liked to hang out at called "Razzmatazz"? hmmmm Or their uniform t-shirts seen here:



The only thing that ruined it for me is the "too cool" actress that is Kristen Stewart... yeah yeah she is the lead in the twilight movies. She totally bugs, what's her problem? Is she "too cool" for the screen?! C'mon sweetie your no female James Dean, your far from it and you have no talent. Josh and i started a new drinking game set to this movie, every time Kristen Stewie does this:



you take a drink, she does it every 2 minutes and it drives me bonkers..

2 comments:

littlemeah said...

Bets, you totally mislead me. I thought this movie was about actual carnies, not teenagers that work in an amusement park - way different. As I said in my FB post, carnies have small hand and smell like cabbage. They also travel around the country with the fair and run booths with games like win your own diseased goldfish, as you well know.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog as for me. I'd like to read a bit more about this theme.
BTW look at the design I've made myself Companionship in London